Thursday 17 July 2014

It's all about Rainbows

When it's hot and Sunny let's bake a Rainbow

With that title like that I feel like I am in a "my little pony" or "Carebears" episode. But anyway, today was hot and sunshine was everywhere (well not all day I know it's still London but yeah let's be enthusiastic) so I thought why not baking cookies and a rainbow cake ? Not to mention that at work they are dying for some sugar these days so tomorrow a little bird told me that some people are going to be happy.

So I don't have any fancy recipe for a rainbow cake sorry, even if I am a pastry chef sometimes I do like "junk" cakes. Yes I have confessed. So my cake is from a betty crocker already made cake box and I am very proud of it, it's a super moist I just love the taste. It's a rainbow chips one, you can only find it in some shops around London because they are imported from the US, mine is from a Notting Hill Shop. If you want the address just email me.

But I do have a recipe for the sugar cookies. Really simple and tasty ! want it ? Ok just read the following recipe then. Any questions ? You know what to do, comment ;)



SUGAR COOKIES
Make around 20 cookies // 20 mn prep // 7-9 mn cooking time

Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour plus more for shaping the cookies
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla exctract

Directions
  1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
  2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla.
  3. With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated (the dough will be stiff). If in a hurry just pop the mixture 30mn in the freezer otherwise it's better to prepare the dough a day before to make it easier to shape cookies. 
  4. Heat oven to 180°. On a floured surface, prepare your cookies, use whatever cookie cutter you like or simply make little dough ball. Don't forget to put any sprinkles before as they will not stick after baking. On the baking tray make sure that they have plenty of room in between every cookie, no more than 8 cookies per baking tray.
  5. Pop the cookies in the oven for about 7-9 mn until the edges are golden. Don't let them cook more or your cookies will become really hard after cooling down.

My Sugar Cookies can be kept up to 1 week in an appropriate container. Make sure that you give your cookies plenty of time to cool down (around an hour) before decorate them.

Now enjoy the pictures!






No comments:

Post a Comment